Saturday, August 25


I held on to strips of red card stock left over from a project late last year (click here to see).  And like usual, it took me months to finally figure out what I was going to do with them. 
I started to adhere together both ends of each strip, then adhered them together, until it started to look like a tree.  And it all stemmed from there.  For the base, I sewed dp on a 12 x 12 inch sheet of cardstock.  It won't show so well on the photo, but before I adhered the paper tree, I sprayed the dp with Tattered Angels Smooch Spritz and Glimmer Mist.  

I also thought that this project might work for the current Unity Stamp Challenge:  All About Stars.  And with that, this project is automatically entered in the Pick A Challenge challenge by Ippity by Unity as well.  The funny thing is, I have acquired a good number of Unity stamps, but I only have one set that had stars.  This image is from the "faith, hope, love... live by it" set, embossed on vellum.  I made the felted flowers as well, which have been in hiding for quite some time too.

This project made me realize how much you can do with so little.

Materials used:
cardstock/dp:  Prima, Gartner, vellum, leftovers
image:  Unity
ink:  Tsukeneko, Tattered Angels, Glimmer Mist
tools:  Spellbinders, Janome Sew Mini
embellishments:  butterflies (K&Co.), rhinestones, handmade felted flowers
misc.:  embossing powder (American Crafts), ribbon, yarn
adhesive:  Scotch, Glue Dots, mounting tape

There are still 5 days to join the Oozak Fall Challenge and have a chance to win a prize package from EK Success.  Click here to find out more.
'Til next blog!

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

Oh wow, so very lovely!
Thanks for playing along in the Ippity/Unity Opportunity Challenge!
~JenMarie Taylor, {ippity} chick release Wed night!