Thursday, May 23

Wedding Invitation (in the works)

Yep, I was busy in my craft space this month.  It's been a while since I've had this crafty happy feeling.  My friend has picked the final design for her summer wedding, and I've been working on this project at every chance I get.  I consider this project a refresher to using my tools, as it has been a long time since I've had a big project like this.  Not to mention the effects of epidural... haha!

For this post, I want to share with you the process of making the lot of 60 wedding invitations.  

First, I made the base with Anna Griffin embossing folder.  After running each card stock through my Big Shot machine, I manually trimmed both ends to follow the design of the embossing. 

Next, I worked on the sliders.  I stamped the sentiment by Unity Stamp, then cut with Spellbinders die.  I also cut a background shape for the sentiments. 

Then I cut the base of the slier with the Swirly Back Sizzix Die.  Not sure if this still exists in the market.  After that, I put together the main front portion of the slider. 

This is how the sliders look like, assembled.

Then I fold the card stock base to a tri-fold card.  The excitement builds up at this point.

Next step is the inside pocket, which I cut with Spellbinders Classic Elegance Tall Pocket die.  This was designed by Amazing Paper Grace, one of my favorites in the paper crafting industry.  I am not too fond of this step, because cuts like this involve a lot of mess.  

Now the invitations have been assembled, and are ready for the inserts.

To make it look more professional, instead of stamping my "handmade by" image on the back, I made individual seals to attach.  This is when my Xyron sticker machine comes in really handy.

I am still working with my friend for what details to put on the inserts.  Once we are done with that, I will post the final product.

'Til next blog!

No comments: