Today's a special day for card makers, stampers and paper crafters alike! It's actually my favorite day as a crafter, followed by National Craft Month in March, then Scrapbooking Month in May. During this month, a lot of brick-n-mortar and online retailers have product specials set for the occasion. The craft message boards get busy with card making activities, and bloggers facilitate challenges, contests and give away blog candies.
Also, during this month, I focus on card making as far as blogging is concerned. But that's already a norm for me, so for a few years now, I've been making it more fun and try to engage fellow crafters in celebrating. And just like the past years, I encourage my fellow crafters to make a card and share it in my blog through a Linky Tool. Then at the end of the month, I will raffle out blog candies to the participants.
But this year, I planned on adding some spice with a little twist *wink!*.
Aside from the "main prize" at the end of the month, I will be raffling out one card making item every three days starting October 3rd. It can be embellishments, tool, card kit or stamp sets. The winner will be picked from the current participants who have already added their cards in the Mr. Linky Tool. That means, there will be 10 separate minor prizes to be given away. Mark your crafty calendars - October 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 18th, 21st, 24th, 27th and 30th.
But there's a catch. If the winner for that day doesn't respond via email after 2 days, that prize will roll over to the next giveaway. And so on. For example, if the winner for October 3rd isn't able to contact me within two days, that prize will be added to the October 6th goody, making it two goodies. And if the October 6th winner isn't able to contact me again, the two goodies will be rolled over to the October 9th goody, making it three goodies. If a goody or goodies are claimed, then we go back to one minor prize in the next round.
There will be a total of 11 drawings including the grand prize of goodies which will be raffled out on November 1st. Lots of chances to get something, right?
It all boils down to this: the more cards you create and share in my blog, the more entries you have, and the more chances you will win something. Not only that, you get to inspire and share ideas with your fellow crafters around the world. That is the important part. But the most important part is simply to have fun.
And before I show you the goodies I'll be raffling out at the end of the month, let's talk about some guidelines first:
1. Create a card and post it in your blog, website or gallery. There is no limit to how many cards you can enter. The more cards the better. Remember, the goal is to share ideas with and inspire each other.
2. When you add your cards to the LINK TOOL below, make sure to use the link to the blog entry where your card is, and not the link to your entire blog. For example:
CORRECT LINK - http://www.ttinkerplanett.com/2011/09/give-thanks.html
WRONG LINK - http://www.ttinkerplanett.com/
3. The blog entry that features your card should be posted on October 1st to October 31st, 2011. If not, the entry will be deleted from Mr. Linky.
4. Please link my blog Tinker Planet to your blog and share about this celebration. We want to have as many participants as possible. The more inspiring cards, the merrier! (If you become a follower of my blog, that will be a super huge bonus for me.)
5. Give some love to your fellow participants. If you have the time, leave them a comment as well.
6. There is no geographical limit either. Any crafter from any country is welcome to join. It's going to be a world-wide celebration. Hey, that's why it's called WORLD Card Making Day, right?
7. Before I raffle out any minor prize and the grand prize, I will delete double entries and wrong links. This will give all participants equal chances. Winners will be picked via Random.org.
Are you ready to see the grand prize that I'll be raffling out after October 31st? Drum roll......
This bunch includes (all new and never been used):
- EK Success Dimentional Flower Punch (Gerber Daisy)
- Unity stamp set (Spring Unity)
- Two (2) Inkadinkado wood mounted stamps (Rock Star and I Still Love You)
- TPC Studio stamp set (Tampons Clairs)
- Autumn Leaves Stampology stamp set (Between the Lines)
- Hampton Art stamp set
- Fashion Naturals Hemp Cord
Now for the other 10 blog candies, I will reveal each one on the day itself, the same day I pick a winner for that day. The winner of each minor prize will have 2 days to respond, otherwise, that prize will be rolled over and combined with the next minor prize.
So again, mark your calendars for October 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 18th, 21st, 24th, 27th, 30th and November 1st.
I'm so excited to see all your cards! This is going to be a fun and inspiration-filled month of card making!
Do let me know if you have any questions.
Who's going to be first???